Teen Volunteers at the Library
This year’s volunteer program has ended. Please check back in April 2020 for next year’s program!
Want to get involved at your library? Become a volunteer! Every summer TCPL offers volunteer opportunities for teens. Volunteers must be at least 12 years old or older and able to work one 2-hour-shift a week. Teens will have the chance to make a difference and encourage thousands of younger children to reach their reading goals.
Check the volunteer job description below to see what the teen volunteers do:
- Explain how Summer Reading Club (SRC) works
- Sign children up for SRC
- Input information accurately into the SRC database
- Hand out SRC prizes
- Update information accurately in the SRC database
- Not give out or access personal information about library patrons
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to interact with people of all ages
- Must be able to use a computer
- Must be able to maintain accuracy of the SRC database
- Must be able to stay at assigned station for up to 2 hours
- Must be willing and able to follow directions
For more questions about the teen volunteer program contact the Youth Department at 765-429-0119.