Teen Volunteers at the Library
Want to get involved at your library? Become a volunteer! Every summer TCPL offers volunteer opportunities for teens. Volunteers must be at least 12 years old or older and able to work one 2-hour-shift a week. Teens will have the chance to make a difference and encourage thousands of younger children to reach their reading goals.
Check the volunteer job description below to see what the teen volunteers do:
- Explain how Summer Reading Club (SRC) works
- Sign children up for SRC
- Input information accurately into the SRC database
- Hand out SRC prizes
- Update information accurately in the SRC database
- Not give out or access personal information about library patrons
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to interact with people of all ages
- Must be able to use a computer
- Must be able to maintain accuracy of the SRC database
- Must be able to stay at assigned station for up to 2 hours
- Must be willing and able to follow directions
It’s too late to turn applications in for this years volunteer program. Please check back in April 2020 for next year’s program!
For more questions about the teen volunteer program contact the Youth Department at 765-429-0119.