The Friends of the Tippecanoe County Public Library is a not-for-profit organization created to act as a support and advocacy system or the Tippecanoe County Public Library.
Please consider donating your used books to the Friends. You can drop off small donations (1-2 boxes) at any TCPL branch. Larger donations are preferred Downtown.
What do we do for the library?
- The Friends of the Tippecanoe County Public Library provide extra support for our county libraries.
- Recent purchases have included graphic arts equipment, a multimedia computer for the youth room, and a new logo for the library, Friends, and Foundation.
- The Friends sponsor summer reading programs for all ages, book discussion groups, author visits and book signings, and other special programs.
- The Friends celebrate library staff and volunteers with employee awards and the annual volunteer luncheon.
- The Friends encourage staff development by sponsorship of scholarships for career development and post-secondary education.
- These activities and more are made possible by income from book sales, membership dues, and special donations.
At Large Board Members
Library Board Liaison
County Librarian/Staff Liaison
Jos N. Holman
Foundation Board Liaison
Volunteers are essential to the work of the Friends of the Library. There are many areas that need continual support. There are other areas that need only the occasional work for special projects. Decisions are made at committee and board levels. Below are just a few of the opportunities.
- About 75 volunteers work at each of the four book sales held every year, cashiering, organizing the books being offered, or helping with the sale setup.
- Members of the Book Sale Committee oversee the four book sales held every year.
- The Membership Committee could use your help if you have an interest in data entry, periodic mailings and renewals, and recruitment of new members.
- The Annual Meeting Committee plans the spring organizational meeting
- Sorting crews meet several times a week to prepare all the donated books for the sales.
- The On-Line Sales group lists select donations on three web stores. The work schedule is flexible.
- Volunteers are needed to help support author visits to the library.
- Board members make decisions about how to help support the library. A new board is formed each March.
How to contact us? (765) 429-0170