Teen Volunteers at the Library
There will not be a volunteer program in 2021. Please check back in April 2022 for next year’s program!
Want to get involved at your library? Become a volunteer! Every year TCPL offers volunteer opportunities for teens during Summer Reading Club (SRC). Volunteers must be at least 12 years old or older and able to work one 2-hour-shift a week. Teens will have the chance to make a difference and encourage thousands of younger children to reach their reading goals.
Check the volunteer job description below to see what the teen volunteers do:
- Objective:Gain valuable work-related experience by helping library staff with Summer Reading Club (SRC) activities. Encourage thousands of young children to keeping reading.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explain how SRC works
- Sign children up for SRC
- Input and update information accurately into the SRC database
- Hand out SRC prizes
- Keep personal information about library patrons private
- Other duties as assigned
- Skills Required:
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to interact with people of all ages
- Must be able to use a computer
- Must be able to maintain accuracy of the SRC database
- Must be able to stay at assigned station for up to 2 hours
- Must be willing and able to follow directions
- Hours:Minimum of one 2-hour shift weekly over the course of summer reading club.
For more questions about the teen volunteer program contact the Youth Department at 765-429-0119.