Teen Volunteers at the Library
Want to get involved at your library? Become a volunteer! Every year TCPL offers volunteer opportunities for teens during Summer Reading Club (SRC). Volunteers must be at least 12 years old or older and able to work one 2-hour-shift a week. Teens will have the chance to make a difference and encourage thousands of younger children to reach their reading goals.
Check the volunteer job description below to see what the teen volunteers do:
- Objective:Gain valuable work-related experience by helping library staff with Summer Reading Club (SRC) activities. Encourage thousands of young children to keeping reading.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explain how SRC works
- Sign children up for SRC
- Input and update information accurately into the SRC database
- Hand out SRC prizes
- Keep personal information about library patrons private
- Other duties as assigned
- Skills Required:
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to interact with people of all ages
- Must be able to use a computer
- Must be able to maintain accuracy of the SRC database
- Must be able to stay at assigned station for up to 2 hours
- Must be willing and able to follow directions
- Hours:Minimum of one 2-hour shift weekly over the course of summer reading club.
To download an application click the Teen Volunteer Application 2023. Print, fill out, and return to anyone of our branches. Or you can visit any branch and fill one out in person, just ask the desk for an application!
For more questions about the teen volunteer program contact the Youth Department at 765-429-0119.