- Respect for all. We treat all our customers, and each other, as valued, responsible individuals.
- Service. We provide excellent services that respond to changing, diverse customer needs.
- Integrity. We follow the highest ethical standards of honesty and openness.
- Fiscal accountability. As a public institution, we practice sound fiscal management.
- Confidentiality. We safeguard all users’ rights to request and obtain information in confidence, within state and federal statutes.
- Parental responsibility. We expect parents to guide and supervise their children’s use of library collections, services and programs. TCPL’s board and staff do not serve in loco parentis, as a substitute for parents.
- Professional growth. The board and staff mutually commit to their continuous professional development.