The Tippecanoe County Public Library has adopted the Computer User Policy and the following rules for use of its computer resources, including wireless access to the Internet. Before you proceed to the Internet, you are required to read these policies and rules, and click each item below to signify your acknowledgment and agreement.
- The Library has no control over and does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of information on the Internet or any external site linked to the Library.
- Email transmission is not secure, and its privacy is not guaranteed.
- The Library is not responsible for any damages from the use or inability to use its electronic resources.
- For security reasons, only the HTTP and POP/IMAP ports are available to wireless network users.
- The bandwidth or download speed available to wireless users may be limited to ensure quality service to all Internet users at the Library.
- Users may not interfere with or disrupt the Library’s computer system in any way.
- Unlawful or disruptive conduct, misuse, or abuse of computer equipment or materials will result in termination of your access to Library computers.
- Users will respect the copyright and licensing agreements for the electronic resources used.
- Users may not hack into or attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems.
While using Library computers, I agree to:
- To abide by all the rules set forth in the Computer Use Policy.
- Not to access sites containing child pornography or display on the computer any images of child pornography.
- Not to access sites containing obscenity or display on the computer any images containing obscenity.
- Not to engage in unlawful conduct, such as fraud, harassment, theft, or any criminal activity.
- Not to misrepresent myself online, use demeaning or threatening language, or attempt to seduce or engage in sexually explicit chat or messaging with anyone.
- If I am under the age of 18, my parents or legal guardians are responsible for and consented to my use of the Internet at the Library.